Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Commons at Knoxville apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card and if so is there an extra charge?
Great News! You may pay your rent online. You can view your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests! Just log on to our website, click the "Pay Rent" button. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- How close to campus are you?
All of The Commons at Knoxville's buildings are within walking distance of the University of Tennessee campus.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21 do I need to have a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit equal to three (3) month's rent.
- If I pay in full do I get a discount?
- The Commons at Knoxville does not offer a discount to residents paying for a lease term in full. However, we do accept full and advance payments as an alternative to monthly installments.
- Is parking available?
Parking is based on a first come first serve basis. We have assigned and limited parking at all 5 complexes.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the Internet?
- The Commons at Knoxville provides internet access included in the rent for all residents.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
- The Commons at Knoxville residents are welcome to bring additional furniture into the apartment if they so desire. Residents are responsible for removing their own personal furniture, along with all of their other belongings, upon move-out.
- What size are the beds?
- Bedrooms at The Commons at Knoxville come furnished with a full-size, extra long bed. Sheets in full extra long and queen sizes will fit the mattresses.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- Leases can not be cancelled. Under the terms of the lease, you may do a "Lease Takeover" and have someone legally take over the responsibility of the lease for the remainder of the term. Please direct any questions about this to the Community Assistants or Management at the main office.
- What is the cost?
- You can check out the Floor Plans page of our website for current cost of apartments.
- What types of apartments are available?
- The Commons at Knoxville offers 1-bedroom/1-bath, 2-bedroom/1-bath, 4-bedroom/2-bath, and 4-bedroom/4-bath apartments. All of our apartments come fully furnished, and there is a washer and dryer in each apartment. The living area is furnished with a three-cushion sofa, a chair, a coffee table, an end table, an entertainment stand, a dining table, and dining chairs. Bedrooms are furnished with a full-size, extra long bed, a desk, a desk chair, and a chest of drawers. Each bedroom within an apartment has one window, and blinds come furnished on all windows in the apartment. Each kitchen includes a full-size oven with a range, an automatic dishwasher, a full-size microwave oven, and a full-size refrigerator with a freezer and an automatic icemaker.
- What types of leases are available?
- The Commons at Knoxville leases all apartments and bedrooms by-the-bedroom. This means that rather than having one lease per apartment, we offer a separate individual lease for each bedroom within the apartment. Having your own individual lease means that you're only responsible for your rent, not your roommate's!
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Rent at The Commons at Knoxville includes extended basic cable television with HBO, internet access, water, sewer, pest control, and trash removal. Electricity is not included and should be set up through the Knoxville Utilities Board at (865) 524-2911.
- When can I move in?
- The move-in date for fall 2016 is Monday, August 15, 2016. The lease term is August 15, 2016 - July 31, 2017. For immediate move in, please contact the leasing office!
- When do I put down a deposit?
- All application and service fees, as well as applicable deposits, are due at lease signing. The Commons at Knoxville cannot reserve a bedroom or apartment until these fees have been paid.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- The Commons at Knoxville does not send out a monthly reminder for rent. Rent is due on the first of each month and is considered late if received after the 5th. A 10% late fee is applied to all late rental payments.